Worry too much
Sometimes human does worry too much. Different people will have their own worries. Maybe something to someone it's something small and not to be worried about but it might be something big for another person.
As for me, I do worry about my things too. My future, my studies, my salary, my bonus. Sometimes I also wonder what the Lord has planned for me. About the plan God has for me, I heard from ppl say that we shouldn't be worried about it cause it's something that God has already plan for you and the things He plan is always the best for you and He will not do things to harm you. Sometimes I also wonder whether I'm capable of fulfilling the will He has for me but then another answer came to me is that God seek for availability and not ability. Is trully that I shouldn't be worried so much and I had started to obey first and let God worry for me. hehehe... Many ppl pray for me about it (the plan) already and trully I had seek God for His word. Still the worry is still there.. hahaha (also heard from a preacher said b4 that, if you fear God you will not worry anymore)
Last month as I was at the LRT station day dreaming, suddenly my eyes caught up with a mommy who's with a boy and a girl. I could have guess that the boy is sick cause he is having a flu and the girl is having a cough. The boy was sitting on the mommy's right and the girl is lying down on the mommy's left lap. The little boy was sleeping with his pillow and suddenly he move around cause i guess he is not comfortable with his sleeping position. He tried to put his legs up on the seat and then put it back down. He tried to lean on the mommy and that doesn't make him comfortable. At last he starts grumbling and the mommy saw him moving non-stop, she carry him onto her lap and let him lean on her chest. The boy continue to move on the mommy's lap try to get the best sleeping position he could. The mommy try to help him and finally he boy is so pissed off he let out a cry.. the mommy then hush him and hold him.. then the boy continue to sleep.
This incident makes me feel so warm. Somehow it reflects to me how sometimes I behave like the little boy againts the Lord. When I'm not comfortable or unhappy keep myself quiet and grumble and grumble. But Lord will always be there to comfort me and try to heal my broken heart.
That nite i had a prayer meeting. As the topic is ask us to spend some quiet time and listen to God. And somehow the picture of the LRT incident flows back to my mind. As I was thinking about the plan that God has for me and worrying about my future, I sense that God is telling me to not worry. He will take care of my needs and that He will ask me to just lay down in His hand so that He can comfort me. I cried well a little. And felt that the burden that had kept in my heart for a few week has been lifted. Surely God is a burden lifter.. hahaha...
Mat 11:28-30 'Come to me, all you who are weary adn burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.'
Whenever I read these verses I felt comfort in my heart. Serving the Lord is something that is not a burden but I'm glad that I am able to serve Him.

5 Comments:
At 5:31 PM,
YeanChing said…
Psalms 32:8
The Lord says,"I will guide you along the pathway for your life. i wil advice you and watch over you."
my biggest concern was, m i walking in the pathway that god's has for me... but the lord promise to guide us thru, just that sometimes we are kinda blinded with the things that happening and cuz us to "bypass" god's given opportunity. i just had a big slap on my face by PC it was painful, but yeah kinda awakening hahaha was she said wakes me up.
is a new year, good to pray n fast seeking god n lay down our hearts desire, worry and everything at the cross :)
At 10:16 PM,
uranus_yiu said…
oh.. i thought who is chilligal.. forgot ur nick... anyway thanks for putting a comment here.. and thanks for the word.. didn't know that there's ppl still glance thru my blog.. hahaha
Jasmine
At 10:18 PM,
uranus_yiu said…
eh eh , send me ur blog add also mar... i can go and read ur secrets there...
At 3:56 AM,
cchiuyi said…
best wishes !
At 2:46 AM,
uranus_yiu said…
hey, i read ur (joeybencom) blog and find it quite interesting.. ur job, it sounds fun as well... the story about the newly wed couple is funny.. hihihi
but then i just curious.. how come u didn't allow ppl to post comments.. maybe it's ur wish.. but sometimes it's nice to have ppl dropping a line or two in ur blog... :p
thanks for ur blog address.. i'll drop by there once in a while to check anything interesting to read about... have a nice day.. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home