Praying in Cantonese, Salvation & Tearing down of altar
Well, I went to visit Cathy's mom with another sister, Patricia. Three of us is like close friends now. We went there to pray for the mother actually. I was given the honour to pray in cantonese... since Patricia said that she can't do it in cantonese... neither do I but then by God grace and wisdome the Holy Spirit gave me words to pray. It was a bit weird, cause I was translating the prayer from English to Cantonese... And i got stuck in the middle cause I couldn't translate the word "desperate" in cantonese... haha... and then I ended up asking Cathy's brother how to say it in cantonese... it was a bit embarrassing but I belief God will understand what I want to pray about... the cute thing is that Cathy's mom help me to pray abit too... she said, "Lo chau hui" means take it away. So I repeat after her.
After praying I told her mom that it is important that she should believe that God could help her in her situation cause it's no use if we pray and in her heart she doesn't believe that God will help her... so I told her not to lose hope and we all will be praying for her continuously.
It was amazing, I got to share in cantonese before and now pray in cantonese, God is amazing at giving words in time of needs... doesn't matter if my language sounds funny the important thing is the message is brought thru without misunderstanding... hehe ;)
Praise the Lord, last wednesday if I've not remembered wrongly. It's during the easter week, one of the Chinese Pastor from FGT , Pastor Irene, had gone to Cathy's house to share the gospel in cantonese to the mother and she accepted the Lord! It was really a miracle to Cathy and she's so happy about it. When I received her sms in the office I wish I could jump up and down cause I was so happy for her too... I nearly teared when I saw the sms, guess when ppl are too happy they teared... I manage to hold on to the tears... I don't even feel sleepy anymore after that cause of the good news... God is so Good
Well on Easter Sunday, Pastor Irene and her husband and another brother from FGT help out to tear down the altar in Cathy's house. Representative from KCC is me and Patricia. This was my first experience of tearing down the altar. It seems that Pastor Irene and friends are well equiped and experience... they drove a 4WD to her house to take down the altar. We started of with a prayer of cleansing and then the job started. It was like shifting... we took out all the things that has something to do with offering to idols including the burning incense and the statues, and also some decorations in the house that looks like altars. It was amazing that there were only two men but they are strong men... I just help to throw some rubbish away but it was a good experience... Cathy even boiled a pot of chinese desert for us and it's yummy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home