milk diary (Jasmine's Life)

Mostly about my thoughts and daily life. Jokes? hehehe..my life is a whole bunch of jokes... get to know my character and what Jasmine is all about...hehehe... she's a ........tell me what u think of me...

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Re-Evaluation... What is this?

Last Friday... hmm... i dunno how to start... okay Every Friday we have IFA (International Financial Accounting) class. We have a lady lecturer who taught us this subject but then it's her first time teaching this subject. We had an evaluation on her last Friday, well we evaluate her badly. most of us gave her average and there are only a few above average and even some below average.
After the evaluation, about half an hour later, the college management (she's incharged of our course) came in with the lecturer. She told us that the lecturer is bold enough to want to know from us, why we evaluate her that badly. She told us most of our classes gave the same evaluation. She also help the lecturer to say some good stuff... She told us that the lect had been spending a lot of time preparing the notes for us... listening for the lecture online on our behalf... and always concern whether we understand the things she taught us...
Well after hearing that I do really pity the lecturer... but then it's not all our fault that we evaluate her that way... There must be at least a reason, right? Well one thing I thought that the management lady shouldn't have done is that she asked us whether we wanted to evaluate the lect again. Of course I'm not keen of that because it's definitely we would have to change it to be a better evaluation. I didn't voice out obviously because 1. The lect is there, 2. I don't want to be a meany. Well we have (no choice i think) to reevalute her... I think the management lady shouldn't have done that... and the lecturer is standing in front of us when we reevaluate her... i think she should at least leave the classroom for a while before we reevaluate her... (during evaluation we normally ask lecturers to leave the room)
Later after class we four of us went down to the management room to discuss of what had happened. So I told her the reasons why I gave her such evaluation. Since the lecturer wants to know that and I do think she has the right to know as well. Reasons:
1. I tried to listen to her lecture but I couldn't pay attention, it's too boring and I couldn't concentrate. The examples that she uses is so old. And she's not been in practice for a long time (she's a member of a few accounting bodies i think). She's not even aware of the latest changes and developments on the subjects.
2. When we are doing the assignments, she gave the information is to answer the question is not really right. We went to consult another two lecturers and they told us another answer that makes more sense compare to our own lecturers.
3. I'm actually a student that learn thru listening and not memorising. The way I behave in her class and other classes is so different. I could raise up questions and also listen to other lectures with full attention compare to her class. (In her class, I started sitting from the few front rows and slowing moving and moving to the back rows)
Another thing that the management voice up is that why we didn't complain about the lecturer much earlier? Reasons:
1. We are merged from 2 batches, we are from the Mar'06 intake which are only about 15-17 of us and the rest of the Jul'06 intake students were about 30-40 of them. We wanted to complain at the early stage but afraid that others might not want to change the lecturer. cause we don't know them that well so we didn't ask them whether they are okay with the lecturer and we observed them and they seems like listening to the lecture. so we don't want to affect the whole class just because of us thinking that the lecturer is not good. We really didn't expect the WHOLE class actually thinking the same thing. Haiz
2. Actually the lecturer we can see that she's not that bad. She's caring and stuff and we know that she tries her best to concern about us... so we also don't feel like want to complain about her. But evaluation is still evaluation... we should evaluate accordingly rite.
Haiz... so we ended bad and I just hope that the lecturer will not hold grudges against us and i hope she will get over it quickly... I hope we don't hurt her that much. Obviously we wouldn't want her to get into trouble because of our evaluation.
Emm... i guess enough about that... haha...ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

=+FRiENdS+=


-+Hooi Li+-
I'm
Guest_MilkPlusIce
on